Friday, May 21, 2010

Yum! Salad bar!


Some days we have a very busy air conditioner, and we all wear jackets. Some days are rainy and cool, and we all wear jackets, even indoors. Some days (like today) are so hot by 9 a.m. outside that we wonder if we accidentally fell in some giant's oven. That's when the summer tops and fans all come into active service on board. Yet the brave African dock workers continue to haul and lift their loads as if it were nothing.

Today I paused to appreciate anew God's sweet provision. I have the most delightful students in the world. They are so much fun to teach! Even in the heat! And then, at lunch time--we had a salad bar! I want you to know that all those people in the kitchen who gave up their careers and income to come feed people like me, put out a full salad bar with even feta cheese (Yum!) and artichoke hearts. Can you believe it? Here I am in Togo, and I am eating my favorite treat, artichoke hearts. Go figure. I feel astonished and blessed, and so grateful to whoever thought to send such a treat to our galley, and whoever thought to put it out for our salad today.

Do you know what? I'm not surprised that the first thing Jesus is going to do with us is have a big party with a huge banquet! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment