Monday, August 30, 2010

Sailing along South Africa




I am sitting at my desk, enjoying a spicy breakfast of curried potatoes and garbanzo beans. (I think some of you call them chick peas?) Our Gurkhas got up at 4 a.m. to cook up this treat for us. They even made chapatis! I feel impossibly spoiled, having just passed a delightful hour in prayer with my prayer partners as we watched the sun rise over the sea. We are nearing Durban, and will be having our South Africa arrival briefing this morning at 8:00.

We have lots of briefings on a sail, and need to be very flexible with our classes. However, we serve with such a delightful crew, and have such interested and enthusiastic students, no one is complaining.

Here are a couple of photos of some of our students enjoying the bow to watch the sun as it prepares to set. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment